The Social Workers Union (SWU) is an independent Trade Union which is managed by an Executive Committee. The Executive Committee consists of up to ten members comprising of at least one National representative from each nation (Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales), two National Representative from England (due to the membership density), and up to five UK Representatives who may include representatives from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. All representatives are SWU members and social workers.
Executive Committee meeting dates for 2022
- 8 February 2022
- 17 May 2022
- 20 July 2022
- 6 September 2022
Current Members of the Executive Committee
- Carys Phillips – SWU Chair and Wales Representative
- Gerard Madden – SWU Treasurer and Northern Ireland Representative
- James Birchall – SWU Honorary President and UK Representative
- Angi Naylor – UK Representative
- Malcolm Jordan – UK Representative
- Rebecca Austin – UK Representative
- Ann Marie Hayes – UK Representative
- David Callow – England Representative
- Tina Peterson – England Representative
- Jessica Nielson – Scotland Representative
The Social Workers Union Rules and Byelaws 2020
To view the Social Workers Union Rules and Byelaws as amended on 25th September 2020 please click here.
SWU compliments, concerns, and complaints procedure
To view our compliments, concerns and complaints procedure please click here.
SWU Annual General Meeting
The SWU Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held in September every year. Each AGM includes confirming the minutes from the previous year, a report from the SWU General Secretary, Annual Reports and Accounts, Motions from SWU members, any SWU Rule Changes, and any other business.